Saturday, May 3, 2014

Philly Museums District

I have to say that yesterday we pushed it too much, we really walked all over the city... Anyway there is only the Museums District to visit today, so we will rest in the afternoon.
But first I want to have a look at the Afro-American Historical and Cultural Museum, after the one in Boston I have to see this one too. I am very interested in the African American history and in the Civil Rights battle
Ok let's go to the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul and Logan Square (where two Festivals are taking place right now, Sister Cities, an International Festival, and the Science Festival)
Basically all the different Museums are built around Logan Square and all along Benjamin Franklin Parkway, this one goes from Logan Square to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Here we have the Free Library of Philadelphia and a baseball match :-)
 The Rodin Museum, the famous The Thinker, is just at the Museum entrance
And this is the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the famous Rocky steps!!! WE ARE HERE!!! I dreamed about this moment!!!
We have also witnessed a wedding proposal on the steps, very very romantic!
And then at the bottom of the steps there is of course the famous Rocky Statue

Well, what can I say, we haven't visit any museums, if I had to pick one, I would have visit (is my conditional correct? :-)) the Barnes Foundation, but honestly it is too hot and we are too tired, so let's go back to the hotel to meet my grandfather's cousin Robert, for a nice dinner (pictures on FB)!!!
See you tomorrow when we will leave for Washington DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment