Monday, May 19, 2014

Dallas - Hays, Kansas


I have to say that I planned the whole trip using Google map, especially to calculate the distance between one place to another. So for instance this place Hays was right half way, 8 hours drive, between Dallas and Hot Springs in the Black Hills, South Dakota. Turns out that the GPS doesn't agree very much with that... For Tom Tom it takes 11 hours from Dallas to get to Hays... Can you imagine ...
Anyway in the end the truth is always in the middle, right? It took us almost 9 hours, which is ok since we have done 10 hours already when we went from Washington to Charleston.
And this is my super driver!
 Can you see the oil machines?
I know it is a horrible picture, I tried my best from the card, but the trains are nice, right?
And here above is the only place on the road where the food is acceptable, it is called the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. I am telling you when we went from New Orleans to Dallas it was that bad that all day long we only had a small box of Cereals, which normally I won't even eat ...
Anyway I will see you tomorrow for the second part!

No comments:

Post a Comment